Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

only 2 days late, I am getting better...
This year I was looking around the house at the Thanksgiving aftermath and patting myself on the back for a job so well done; this was the first year that I have ever hosted a Thanksgiving dinner (I even baked pies!!!); and I began to think about all of the Thanksgivings that J and I have spent together.  When we got married in 2005 we decided that we would not go home (home being CO) for the holidays.  It was/is just too complicated with 3 different families all living at least an hour from one another.  The holidays would more than likely be spent mostly in a car and even then people would probably have hurt feelings.  So every holiday for the past 5 years have been spent with the amazing people that God has blessed us with on this journey we have in the military.  And that is what I am thankful for this year, the military and the incredible places it has brought us and the wonderful people we have had the opportunity to welcome into our family.

Being a military wife is like nothing on earth, the families and people that you come to love and know and depend on for your survival touches me to my very soul.  It is so wonderful to know that wherever I go there will be people ready and willing to take care of my family if the need is there.  We are welcome to anyones table for dinner any night of the week.  If my child falls down at the playground there is a mom there to pick him up if I am far away. If my child is acting like a bully, and I don't see, I know there is a mom who will gently correct his behavior.  If I am sick there are women lining up at the door to take my kids so that I can rest, or bringing food so I don't have to cook.  Every month there are spouse socials to raise money for charities, there is wine club, and book club, and bible studies.  Women to go to the gym with, run marathons with, grab a drink with.  I am so blessed to live this life and so amazed at the families that I get to meet and the friends that I have met and will keep in my heart forever.  And I haven't even mentioned the incredible churches that we have been a part of and the delightful families and support that we have experienced with them.  Thankful for Seacoast Church in Mt. Pleasent SC and Family Life Church here in Altus OK.
SO here is to... The Kinney's, The Pamily, The Stuckey's, The Phillips, The Sober's, The Fisher's, The Shaffer's, The Taliaferro's, The Knizevski's, The Oden's, The Pullen's, The Schopmeyer's, The Clausen's, The Karas's, The Werner's, The Carpenter's, The Warnaar's, The Inscoe's, The Arbore's, and the many other families that have made all holidays from Birthday Parties to Christmas, Easter to Halloween, so incredibly special for us.  You all are amazing, and we are thankful for you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber! I am thankful for YOU, one of the most caring, thoughtful, and loving people I know. God bless you and your sweetest family. I miss you every day!

susiearbore said...

Amber...I am thankful for you! More than you will ever know!!!

Unknown said...

That was so sweet and oh so true!!! and thank YOU for all the support, love, and laughter you and your family have given to me and my family:) We miss you guys