Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let's See...

What is new with the "Freshberry" Family?  Well we still have not heard the results of Asher's MRI.  Which is partly good because that means its nothing major, and partly annoying because my son is still having headaches.  Here is a pic of our brave supermen after the MRI eating "birthday cake" Asher's most favorite treat.
New Years Day we took the kids to see "Tangled" at the "big" movie theater in the city, let them play in the little mall play area (WAY outside of this mom's germ comfort zone), and went to Red Lobster for dinner.  I think we should go to Red Lobster for every dinner now because the boys LOVED it!!  They especially loved looking at the "mobsters" in the tank and when J ordered crab legs for dinner they were obsessed with the claws. 
Gross and Cute at the same time! (well maybe just gross)

Iz is getting bigger every day, she sits up on her own now AND more importantly i put her hair up in her first ponytail.

DJ got a big boy hair cut, he calls it his daddy hair.  When he woke up the morning after getting it cut he said, "look Mama I still have my Daddy hair!"

And finally the most hilarious conversation took place the other night and I have to write it down so we don't forget...
DJ:  "Ash, you want a piece of me?" (like a big tough guy)
Asher: "Nope"
DJ: "AAAAASH!  I said, you want a piece of me?!"
Asher: "Yes, I have a DJ piece"
DJ: "Like Birthday Cake?"
BWAHHAHAH, I know it doesn't come across in written form as hilarious as it was in person, but I am glad I have it written down now, so at least I can remember how stinkin funny it was!

J and I are taking part in our churches 21 day fast this month, starting the year out in prayer and reflection leaving ourselves open to what God wants to do in us and through us this year.  Since I am nursing I can't actually fast food so I am fasting FB.  It has been rather refreshing.  My New Years resolution was to read the whole Bible this year and I am doing it chronologically, so now in the morning over coffee I read the Bible instead of FB and it sets a much better tone for my day.  J is fasting milk which if any of you know him you know that is a super big deal for him.  The other day I caught him eating cereal and I thought he was busted, then it turned out he was eating it with water, ummm yuck, but what ever you got to do I guess.  J told me that no milk feels like he has a big hole in his stomach he can't fill, but that is where God comes in, He fills the big holes in our life. 

I have been painting and sewing and generally creating a ton lately so hopefully in my next post I can share some of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! for a new post! There is NO WAY that the "daddy hair" pic is really DJ. Amber, he was just born. They are all beautiful and I love reading your stories. Thank you so much for sharing. Miss you much. xoxox

Stacey said...

Love the "Daddy hair" and good for you for doing a FB fast! I will sometimes go a few days to a week without going on FB and don't miss it at all, but as soon as I check again, I'm hooked for another few weeks. Maybe I'll give up FB for Lent. That's a good one.

PS - Could J drink almond milk or would that be against the rules? Might be a good substitue for his cereal! :-)