Tuesday, May 17, 2011

sewing

Lately I have been "binge sewing" (as J calls it).  I can't help myself, I have all these ideas in my head and they are clamoring to get out, along with the things that I "have" to make like a sunbonnet for Iz and sweet baby clothes for my BFF's new baby girl.  I have been posting pics on FB and people seem to like what I am putting out, but my secret is that all the things I am making have been inspired by the much more talented bloggers on the Internet and I feel like I have to share the creative L.O.V.E.  So with my hubby's blessing I am going to begin blogging about my crafting love and hopefully share some wonderful information and inspiration for you along the way.  I will always give credit where credit is due, so if you are a crafty type please do the same.  Use these posts as a jumping off point to create something unique and your own, then you can share your creations with me!  If you are not the crafty type and you would be interested in having me make something couture for you, please leave me a comment and let me know. 

Since Izzy's birthday was this week I think I will start with her precious birthday outfit.
If you read my blog via my link on FB you are probably sick to death of this little number, but I am obsessed with it.  I used coordinating Moda fabrics that I purchased from a local shop in my small town, but I think you can find them anywhere. I made the skirt using this tutorial on MADE, which is also the same tutorial I used to make my Easter skirt
I will post more on this later

The cupcake shirt, not super original, I didn't base this design off of anything I recall seeing but check out its similarity to the birthday outfit my MIL sent...
(she popped this sweet thing in the mail the very day I posted the pics of the outfit I made, crazy right?)
I think its safe to assume the idea was floating around in my head from lots of other places. 
I found the tutorial for the precious hat online, and I also made one for a baby boy we know who's birthday is the week before Izzy's.


I also used some of the left over material to make him a bib, I just traced a bib we had for the pattern and used a washcloth to back it.  Since this little one is a bit of a drooler, I knew his mama would appreciate some extra absorbency:)

And there you have it, a birthday outfit or gift perfect for any baby :)











I also made these little mommy shorts, not too long, not too short.  I will post on them later too :)

No comments: